Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I wasn't after happiness anymore. I just wanted to survive.
~Bloodletting, Victoria Leatham pg1


Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think.
~La Bruyere


Sober, I didn't trust men at all, they were partially to blame for this.
~Bloodletting pg29


Don't sit on your dreams. Think big and act big. You can be an eagle in this world, or you can be a cow.
...As someone shoved a fouled-up program over my desk for the thousandth time, I had an almost uncontrollable urge to moo.
~Sam, Jack Weyland pg114


When angry, count to four; when very angry, swear.
~Samuel L. Clemmings (Mark Twain)


Glory belongs to God alone.
~City of Glass, pg493


"Weakness and corruption isn't in the world" Clary snapped. "It's in people. And it always will be. The world just needs good people to balance it out. And you're planning to kill them all."
~City of Glass pg474


Then come to realize that you're making mountains out of molehills. Realize how pretty you've become. Sure, it may feel like you cant get a grip in this town. it may seem that every time someone offers you a hand up, they just let go and you slip further down. But you must stop being so pessimistic, Hannah, and learn to trust those around you. So I do, one more time.
~Thirteen Reasons Why pg145


Here's a tip. If you touch a girl, even as a joke, and she pushed you off, leave.. her... alone. Don't touch her.


She walked the same halls he did, but it was as if she traveled in another world.
~Kissed By an Angel, Elisabeth Chandler pg21


He told you that being around you was like bleeding to death slowly.
~City of Glass pg303


Then I decided that it was time to get out the razor. Cutting was the only thing that would make me feel better; there was no other way I could handle being with myself anymore.
~Bloodletting pg32


I kept cutting, because it worked. When i cut, i felt better for a while. When i cut, my life no longer overwhelmed me.
~Skin Game pg176

1 comment:

  1. I remember what it was like two and a quarter years ago. It was so hard to stop.
    These last two quotes in particular sound exactly like what it was like.
    Have you reached out and tried to stop?
    You can be angry and offended if you want... I just have to ask.
    I hate to see people suffer.

    ReplyDelete