Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love, Me

I’m putting you on the back burner, my lovely fantasy
I’ve realized that there won’t be a you and me
It’s not that I’m giving up on the thought of being together
And this harsh reality sure isn’t better
But I know in my heart you’re happy with her
Despite any spell I try to conjure
I’m putting you on a shelf, my lovely dream
It hurts so much I want to scream
To know you won’t be holding my hand
This didn’t go as I had planned
Deep down inside I’ll always be waiting
Full of love, never hating
I’m putting you in a box, my lovely illusion
I’ll send it to my palace; my life but a different version
Perhaps one day I’ll take it down
And look at it without a frown
Or maybe it’ll be you that re-hatches the magic
To keep out future from turning tragic
I’m closing the curtains on you, my dear
Though I know it won’t step a single tear
It’s you I’ll always be in love with
Forgetting you is just a myth
But for now I need to divert my focus
My life is already a circus
I’ll keep my heart open for you, my love
Ready to show you the stars and universe above
Tell me if and when that day will come
So that I won’t be numb
Because if you are vague and only hover
I’ll close my door forever

Submitted by hillarylynch.

No comments:

Post a Comment