Thursday, October 8, 2009

Its not nice when girls die
~pg 1

Yesterdays dirt and mistakes have moved through me. I'm shiny and pink inside, clean. Empty is good. Empty is strong.
~pg 7

They branded their war on this skin-bag of a girl.
~pg 9

he wiped me off the face of her existance.
~pg 11

I can't stop, but I can't keep going
~pg 98

We held hands when we walked down the gingerbread path into the forest, blood dripping from our fingers. We danced with witches and kissed monsters. We turned us into wintergirls, and when she tried to leave, I pulled her back into the snow because I was afraid to be alone.
~pg 99

I kept thinking that if I could just unzip my skin, step out of this body, then I would see who I really am.
~pg 117

Cutting pain was a different flavor of hurt. It made it easier not to think about having my body and my family and my life stolen, made it easier not to care...
~pg 166

The merry-go-round is spinning too fast. I want to get off. I want to close my eyes, or just blink. I want to choose what I see and what I don't see.
~pg 196

The dead do walk and haunt and crawl into your bed at night. Ghosts sneak into your head when youre not looking. Stars line up and volcanoes birth out bits of glass that foretell the future. Poison berries make girls stronger, but sometimes kill them. If you howl at the moon and swear on your blood, anything you desire will be yours. Be careful what you wish for. There's always a catch
~pg 253

Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment